Thanks are well-deserved
We think today would be a great time to acknowledge some amazing people and organizations throughout Lawrence County. Fresh flower bouquets to:
• Carol Allen and Ironton In Bloom-Thank you for having the Mother’s Day flower sale every year and for adding such needed color to our area.
• Thea Brown and everyone involved in the Lawrence County Special Olympics games. Eight schools, 500 participants, and 250 volunteers gathered together last week at South Point High School to help with the competitions and bask in the lessons of caring and teamwork.
• Our local letter and mail carriers deserve a huge THANK YOU for Helping Stamp Out Hunger. This event has collected hundreds of millions of pounds of food throughout its over 25-year run. Amazing!
• Judge Andy Ballard and Judge Kevin Waldo and everyone who has made the Lawrence County Drug Court system a huge success. May is National Drug Court Month and we are lucky to have so many talented people all working in our local court system.
• Ironton High School teacher Caitlin Knore and the talented Ironton High School art students who have been working hard to make sure the Brumberg Building in downtown Ironton is decorated with murals for the 150th annual Ironton-Lawrence County Memorial Day Parade on May 28. I think we tend to forget how important art and creativity is in our life. Thank you.