Thanks to all involved
Published 8:01 am Tuesday, May 29, 2018
We think today would be a great time to acknowledge some amazing people and organizations throughout Lawrence County. Fresh star spangled, red, white and blue flower bouquets to:
• The Ironton-Lawrence County Memorial Day Parade Committee for organizing and planning the 150th Memorial Day Parade. It is amazing the number of hours and work this committee does every year.
• Brent Pyles, the 2018 ILCMDP grand marshal. This is his second time serving as the grand marshal (2007). Brent and all of the past grand marshals are a super important part of the 150 year history of this wonderful parade.
Email newsletter signup
• All the Lawrence County business owners who decorated their windows and stores to enhance and make the Memorial Day celebration the best ever. Please shop local and stop in to see all the wonderful decorations, both inside and out of, these great stores and shops.
• The City of Ironton and local law enforcement, who should be commended for helping to direct traffic, close streets and coordinate crowds around town.
• Boy Scout Troop 106 for their work, as they do every year, in not only assisting with the parade, but taking part in the clean up after the crowds have dispersed from the streets of Ironton.
For a century and a half, Ironton has honored our veterans and put on an amazing show of partriotism.
It is a legacy to be proud of and, thanks to all involved, it will continue for generations