Red, white and boom
Published 9:07 am Friday, June 29, 2018
Area has lots of fireworks, activities for Fourth of July holiday
There will be plenty of red, white and boom this Fourth of July holiday with four days of firework displays around the area.
Some of the fireworks displays and activities include:
Email newsletter signup
• There will be fireworks at the Paul Porter Park at 10:15 p.m. on July 3. There will be Family Fun Days activities at the park. The event, organized by the Coal Grove Betterment Club, will run 5-10 p.m. each day from Sunday, July 1 to Tuesday, July 3.
• The village will have a fireworks display at 10:15 p.m. on July 7, near where the Ohio River and the Big Sandy River splits. The village will also be having its Party in the Park, starting at 5 p.m. on July 6 and running until the fireworks on July 7, with music and family activities.
• The city will have its fireworks display starting around 9:45 p.m. on the Fourth of July, along the Ohio River. There will also be music acts at the First Street landing starting at 6 p.m. If it rains, the fireworks will be on July 5.
• Fireworks will begin at dusk on the Fourth of July at Millbrook Park.
• There will be fireworks at 10:15 p.m. on the Fourth of July as part of Summer Motion. The display will be at 10:15 p.m. on the Fourth. Events begin on Saturday with local musicians and several events, including the first-ever Pickleball Classic in Central Park. Activities at the Riverfront begin on Monday with music by Jordan Feliz at 7:30 p.m. and Tenth Avenue North at 9 p.m. On Tuesday, Paul Pace will perform at 7:30 p.m. and The Marshall Tucker Band at 9 p.m. On the Fourth of July, Restless Heart will perform at 7 p.m. and High Valley will perform at 9 p.m.
• Greenup will have its fireworks display at the Greenup park once it gets dark on July 5.
SOUTH SHORE, KENTUCKY
• South Shore will have its annual Fourth of July parade at noon through downtown.
HUNTINGTON, WEST VIRGINIA
• Huntington’s fireworks will be at 10 p.m. on July 3 at the Harris Riverfront Park, as part of the DAWG Dazzle festival. Free tickets are available at McDonald’s or $5 at the gate.