Items passed at county commission
The Lawrence County Commission passed several items at its meeting Tuesday at the county Chamber of Commerce.
• Approved one new floodplain permit and two floodplain permit renewals, 3-0.
• Received and filed the Lawrence County EMS report for Feb. 2019, 3-0.
• Approved two appropriations, 3-0.
• Received and filed the correspondence from Schneider-Hall Funeral Home regarding Project First Impression, 3-0.
• Approved the request from the Lawrence County Engineer’s Office to auction miscellaneous equipment at the Lawrence County Maintenance Facility, 3-0.
• Approved and signed the Materials and Services contract with Gallia County for 2019, as requested by the Lawrence County Engineer’s Office, 3-0.
• Approved the resignation of part-time paramedic David McGlothin, effective Feb. 23, 2019, 3-0.
• Approved and signed the resolution to authorize amending complaint and joining parties, to pursue all claims for relief in civil litigation; National Prescription Opioid Litigation, against any and all defendants necessary, as requested by Lawrence County Prosecutor Brigham Anderson, 3-0.
• Met in executive session with Lisa Pine, URS administrator, and Chris Kline, chief deputy auditor, regarding personnel; hire, fire, reprimand.
• Met in executive session with Chris Kline regarding personnel; hire, fire, reprimand.
The next Lawrence County Commission meeting will be “out in the county” at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Collins Career Technical Center.