Primary Election 2020 Candidate Questionnaires – Ohio Rep. 93rd District
Ohio Rep. 93rd District
• Office Sought: State representative – 93rd District
• Party: Republican
• Age: 60
• Residence: 1042 Rocky Fork Rd., Crown City
• Professional background: Served with the Gallia County Board of Elections for 29 years (22 years as the director); Worked at the Gallipolis Municipal Court for two years as the bailiff.
• Occupation: Retired; Operate family farm.
• Political Experience: Gallia County Central Committee, Gallia County Executive Committee Chair, Gallia County Century Club, Currently serving on the Gallia County Local School Board.
• Civic Involvement: Served on the Business Advisory Board for Buckeye Hills Career Center, Member of Gallia County Farm Bureau, Former District 2 Volunteer Firefighter, Member of the National Rifle Association, Past President of Hannan Trace and South Gallia Athletic Boosters.
• What will your top priority be if elected to office? My initial focus is economic development/job creation. Employee training is a priority. Vocational education is vital to promote a good wage and improve quality of life in our region.
• What makes you the best candidate for the job? I’m willing to do whatever it takes for the district and I will see that our region is not overlooked! I am not afraid take on the establishment when necessary.
• What professional accomplishments are you most proud of in your life? As the Board of Elections director, I’m proud that I organized and ran successful county elections. During my tenure, elections ran smoothly and fairly, with questions being addressed expediently.
• What would you do to increase bipartisanship and cooperation in our government? I would use my leadership experience to increase cooperation across the aisle. My previous leadership roles have enhanced my ability to collaborate, communicate, and compromise.
• Other comments (30 words or less): I will fight for the overlooked; those hurt by policies that benefit only a fraction of the community. I will fight against the opioid crisis and for educational funding — Jeffhalley.com.
• Office Sought: State Representative (93rd District)
• Party: Republican
• Age: 49
• Residence: Getaway
• Professional background: Bachelor’s Degree in finance and economics (Lipscomb University); Certified Financial Planner® certificant; licensed insurance agent
• Occupation: State representative; Insurance agent
• Political Experience: State Representative (2019-Present), Lawrence County Auditor (2011-2019), Lawrence County Commissioner (2001-2011)
• Civic Involvement: I am a volunteer PA announcer mainly for Chesapeake athletics, and I have also coached many youth sports. I am a member of the Rome Church of Christ. Also, I am a member of the Chesapeake Lions Club.
• What will your top priority be if elected to office?
I am working hard as your State Representative to develop our economy, standing up for the second amendment, standing up for innocent life and standing up for seniors and veterans.
• What makes you the best candidate for the job? As the current state representative, I have a financial background, business experience and government knowledge. I understand both business and government, and I have a proven record of success.
• What professional accomplishments are you most proud of in your life? My favorite accomplishments are helping other people solve problems and reach their own personal goals. I do my best to help improve the lives of other people.• What would you do to increase bipartisanship and cooperation in our government? I believe that the people elect representatives and we are to work with whomever the people elect to office to improve our lives.
• Other comments (30 words or less):
Endorsed: National Rifle Association; Buckeye Firearms Association; Ohio Right to Life; Ohio Value Voters; Ohio Republican Party. I would appreciate your continued support and your vote to represent you.