Primary Election 2020 Candidate Questionnaires – Treasurer
• Office Sought: Lawrence County Treasurer
• Party: Republican
• Age: 57
• Residence: Willow Wood, Windsor Township
• Professional background: 29 years’ experience in governmental accounting: 17 years as treasurer of Fairland schools and 12 years as treasurer of South Point schools; Certified Public Accountant for 14 years; Allied Signal accounting department, five years (…)
• Occupation: School Treasurer, South Point Local School District
• Political Experience: With the exception of one or two primaries, I have voted in every election since I was 18 years old, but this is my first time running for public office. (…)
• Civic Involvement: Served on the Ohio University Leadership Project planning cohort and the advisory committee for Ohio University Southern Applied Business/Applied Management degree programs; Volunteered to teach yoga to young children (…); Serve on board of directors of Lake Forest Association and Ohio School Plan. (…).
• What will your top priority be if elected to office? To support and uphold the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Ohio and to understand and comply with all laws related to the office of County Treasurer. (…)
• What makes you the best candidate for the job? My qualifications, experience, integrity (both professional and personal), my work ethic and my commitment to fair and equal treatment of all taxpayers make me the best candidate for the position of county treasurer.
• What professional accomplishments are you most proud of in your life? Being part of the leadership team at Fairland and South Point School Districts (…) At both districts, we were able to build state of the art school buildings and were able to reduce the millage paid by taxpayers to redeem bonds. (…)
• What would you do to increase bipartisanship and cooperation in our government? In nearly three decades of work as a school treasurer, I have worked closely and effectively with both Republican and Democrat school board members. The key is focusing on the goal: true, accurate, consistent, reliable financial reporting.
• Other comments (30 words or less): (…) I am an accountant and will use my accounting experience and expertise for the benefit of all Lawrence Countians. My track record proves that I will be a County Treasurer that all of our citizens can trust.
Other candidates: Stephen Dale Burcham, Cole Webb
Commissioner Colton Copley • Office sought: Lawrence County Commissioner • Party: Republican • Age: 36 • Residence: South Point •... read more