ODOT to fix rock slides
The following construction projects are anticipated to affect highways in Lawrence County next week. All work is weather permitting.
- U.S. 52 rock slide remediation – U.S. 52 Westbound is reduced to one lane between the Ashland, Kentucky Twin Bridges and Lick Creek Road for median barrier wall construction; construction also includes blasting and excavating rock from the hillside at various locations, paving and guardrail installation. Traffic will be maintained in at least one lane each direction throughout construction, with possible full closure of the route for interim, short-term periods during blasting operations. Estimated completion: Summer 2020.
- State Route 7 rock slide remediation – State Route 7 westbound between Buffalo Creek Road and Tallow Ridge Road is reduced to one lane. Additional traffic control measures may be necessary as construction progresses. Estimated completion: Fall 2020.
- State Route 93 bridge replacement – State Route 93 is reduced to one lane just south of the Telegraph Hill Road intersection. Traffic is being maintained using temporary signals. In June, the road will close for 14 days as part of this construction. Estimated construction: Summer 2020.
- State Route 775 bridge replacement – State Route 775 immediately south of the Long Branch Rd. intersection is reduced to one lane. Traffic will be maintained using temporary signals. In June, State Route 775 will close for 14 days as part of this construction. Expected completion: Summer 2020.
- State Route 522 resurfacing – State Route 522 between State Route 93 and the Scioto County line will be reduced to one lane daily from 7 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Traffic will be maintained using flaggers. Estimated completion: Summer 2020.
- State Route 378 culvert replacement – Starting Monday at 8 a.m., Lawrence County ODOT crews will close state Route 378 between McKinney Creek-Symmes Church Road and Drift Creek Road for five days. Traffic will be detoured around the closure via State Route 378, State Route 243, State Route 7, State Route 775, and State Route 217. Estimated completion: 4 p.m. Friday.
• For more detailed traffic information, and to get personalized traffic alerts for your commute, download the OHGO app or visit OHGO.com.
For the past five decades, members of the Ashland Area Ministerial Association have gathered on the steps of the Lawrence... read more