Jeri Fields: Access Social Security from just about anywhere
Published 12:03 am Monday, September 28, 2020
You can access our programs and services from just about anywhere with your personal and secure my Social Security account. It’s easy to sign up for one, and it will give you access to important information you can’t find anywhere else. With your personal my Social Security account, you can:
• Use our Retirement Calculator to compare future benefit estimates for different dates or ages to begin receiving benefits.
• Check the status of your application or appeal for benefits.
• Review your work history.
• Request a replacement Social Security card (in most states).
If you already receive benefits, you can also:
• Get a benefit verification or proof of income letter.
• Set up or change your direct deposit.
• Change your address.
• Request a replacement Medicare card.
• Get a Social Security 1099 form (SSA-1099).
Email newsletter signup
You can even use your personal my Social Security account to opt out of receiving certain notices by mail, such as the annual cost-of-living adjustments and the income-related monthly adjustment amount notice. These notices are now available in your Message Center when you sign in to your account.
Please let your friends and family know that they can create their own my Social Security account today at www.ssa.gov/myaccount.
Jeri Fields is the manager of the district Social Security office in Ironton.