ODOT road report
Published 12:00 am Saturday, July 17, 2021
The following construction and maintenance projects are anticipated to affect highways in Lawrence County next week. All outlined work is weather permitting.
• U.S. 52 Bridge Repair and Maintenance – This project will perform various maintenance and repair work to several bridges along U.S. 52. Traffic will be maintained in one, 10-foot lane in each direction of U.S. 52 throughout construction. Starting July 8, the ramp from State Route 93 to U.S. 52 Westbound will be closed for 14 days. Traffic will be detoured via U.S. 52 eastbound to the State Route 141 Interchange then return U.S. 52 Westbound. Estimated completion: Fall.
• Ellisonville Smokey Row Road Bridge Replacement – Ellisonville Smokey Row Road will be closed west of the intersection with State Route for 30 days. During the 30-day closure, traffic will be detoured via Pine Grove Smokey Row Road and State Route 93. At all other times, traffic will be maintained in one lane using temporary signals. Estimated completion: Fall.
• State Route 775 double bridge replacement –State Route 775 will be closed, north of Venisonham-Camp Branch Road, to replace two bridges. Venisonham-Camp Branch Road will be maintained in one lane using temporary signals for construction of the bridge immediately south of the intersection. Traffic can detour via State Route 141, State Route 378 and State Route 217. The same detour will be used for both bridges. Once the first (north) bridge is replaced, work on the bridge immediately south of Venisonham-Camp Branch Road will begin. Estimated completion: Fall.
• U.S. 52 bridge repair and maintenance – This project will perform various maintenance and repair work to several bridges along U.S. 52. Traffic will be maintained in one, 10-foot lane in each direction of U.S. 52 throughout construction. This project will include two, 14-day ramp closures at the U.S. 52/ State Route 93 interchange. During the ramp closures, traffic will be detoured via U.S. 52 and State Route 141. Estimated completion: Fall.
• State Route 243/ State Route 378 Resurfacing – This project will resurface segments of both State Route 243 and State Route 378, as well as replace a culvert on State Route 378. Traffic on the affected routes will be reduced to one lane daily from 7 a.m.–5 p.m. beginning April 1. Traffic will be maintained using flaggers. Estimated completion: Fall.
• State Route 7 rockslide remediation – State Route 7 southbound between Buffalo Creek Road and Tallow Ridge Road is reduced to one, 12-foot lane. Additional traffic control measures may be necessary as construction progresses. Estimated completion: Spring.
For more detailed traffic information, and to get personalized traffic alerts for your commute, download the OHGO app or visit OHGO.com.