First-time homebuyers workshop Saturday
Published 8:57 am Friday, February 9, 2018
Free event hosted by CAO, PNC Bank
A workshop for those looking to become first-time homebuyers will take place from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday at Ironton-Lawrence County Community Action Organization (CAO) Workforce Development Resource Center.
The event is sponsored by the CAO and PNC Bank, and each attendee will receive a HUD homebuyer certificate of completion.
The workshop will feature several topics, which include:
Email newsletter signup
• Greetings, Introductions, Demographic Sheets and Home Ownership Basics (Elisa Bruce, REACH, Inc. director of homeownership education.)
• Developing a Budget and Credit (Deborah Williams, PNC Bank community development market manager.)
• The Mortgage Loan Process/Shopping for a Mortgage/ Affordability (Leslie Vincent and Sherry Salyer, PNC Bank mortgage loan originators.)
• Finding the Right House/Understanding the Offer to Purchase Contract (Judy Robinson, Ross Realty real estate agent.)
• Home Inspections and Other Inspections (Kenneth Botts, Safe and Sound home inspector.)
• Homeowners Insurance and Home Warranties (Megan Holsinge, Allstate Insurance agent.)
• Settlement and Mortgage Foreclosure Prevention (Alicia Walters, Best Title attorney.)
• Questions, Evaluations and Completion Certificates.
A free lunch will also be provided, as well as opportunities to win door prizes.
The Workforce Development Resource Center is located at 120 N. Third St. in Ironton. Seating for the workshop is limited, and it is advised to reserve your seat today by calling 740-532-2140 ext. 12225.