Over the fence
Ironton In Bloom yard tour set for next Sunday
Ironton In Bloom’s Over The Backyard Fence Yard Tour is Sunday, June 24 and features several landscapes and gardens at homes and locations throughout the city.
• Lawrence County Historical Museum; 506 S. Sixth St.
• The home of Mike McKee and Rayetta Waldo; 407 S. Fourth St.
• The home of Toney and Carol Moran; 801 S. Fourth St.
• The home of Drew Scott Allen and Kevin Kelly Allen; 805 S. Fourth St.
• The home of Steve and Carol Wierenga; 1224 S. Ninth St.
• Weber’s Florist and Gifts; 1501 S. Sixth St.
• Memorial Hall Pocket Park; corner of Fourth and Lawrence streets.
• The home of Ralph and Patti Roberts; 712 N. Sixth St.
Tickets for the tour are $10, and can be purchased at Hot Spot Salon and Boutique, 1928 S. Third St.; Unger’s Shoes, 304 S. Third St.; Weber’s Florist and Gifts; Hapney’s Barber Shop, 518 Marion Pike, Coal Grove; or through any Ironton In Bloom member.
The tour will take place from 1-4 p.m., and maps can be picked up at the Lawrence County Historical Museum. Refreshments will also be served at the museum at the conclusion of the tour.
If it happens to rain that day, the event will be rescheduled for Sunday, July 1.
By Bob Leith This Sunday, June 17, 2018, marks the 243rd year of commemorating the Battle of Bunker Hill. All... read more