Primary Election 2020 Candidate Questionnaires – Prosecuting Attorney
• Office sought: Prosecuting Attorney
• Party: Republican
• Age: 40
• Residence: Ironton
• Professional background: I have a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Ohio University, specializing in Human Resource Management and a Juris Doctorate from Ohio Northern University.
• Occupation: Attorney
• Political Experience: I have been elected as Lawrence County Prosecuting Attorney for two terms and have served as the Lawrence County Prosecuting Attorney since Jan. 1, 2013.
• Civic Involvement: Member – Rotary Club, Member – Knights of Columbus, Member – Ironton Elks, Member – St. Lawrence Church, Ironton Youth Soccer – coach.
• What will your top priority be if elected to office? To continue to serve Lawrence County as prosecuting attorney, making Lawrence County a safer and better place to live and work.
• What makes you the best candidate for the job? I have extensive experience in the prosecuting attorney’s office, having served eight years as an assistant prosecutor, seven years as prosecuting attorney and have handled all cases. The prosecuting attorney requires experience to assure victims of crime receive justice.
• What professional accomplishments are you most proud of in your life? Multiple jury trial verdicts and criminal convictions for rape, murder, aggravated murder, including the death penalty. I personally handle all felony prosecutions.
• What would you do to increase bipartisanship and cooperation in our government? I currently work with members of both political parties to assure that Lawrence County continues to progress. I will continue to work with any elected official, regardless of party, to assure Lawrence County is a safer and better place to live and work.
Sheriff Jeff Lawless • Office sought: Sheriff • Party: Republican. I have always been a Republican • Age: 55 •... read more